Monday, February 12, 2007

Planning A Day Of Prayer


I discovered dead batteries in my camera this morning, so here I sit late tonight trying to figure out how to capture my day in image form now that my batteries have been recharged. The one picture I took earlier didn't work, and I don't quite know how to be faithful to this project when I've been sitting here at my computer most of the day working on a day of prayer that I'm facilitating at our church at the end of this month. I almost said, "Forget it!" I'm too tired to try to figure something out--then my eyes landed on this book, lying face down on my desk, and it tells the of prayer and what it brings in our lives. For our day of prayer, I'm renting a large labyrinth and bringing it from Houston to our ladies. I want them to experience walking the labyrinth. Earlier today, I had this book out, writing a little history of the labyrinth for that day. I love labyrinths, and I especially delight in the labyrinth image for the journey we make to the center of our soul--the most important pilgrimage that we can make in our lifetime. I hope this day of prayer blesses our women as much as I've been blessed over the last few years of my life. And I hope walkign the labyrinth inspires some of them to begin the journey to their center.

2 comments:

SUSAN said...

ahhhhhhh labrynths! I plan to take a photo of the one at "Land of Ease" and post it on my photoblog. It sounds like you had a productive day. I love the contrast of the book of prayer resting atop your computer.
Your women are going to enjoy the day of prayer and labrynth walking!

Susan

SUSAN said...

oops, wish we could correct comments. That should be book of "labrynths". ;-)

Susan