Friday, February 2, 2007

A Day at the Cenacle

One of the things I would like to do is figure out how to get my pictures uploaded in the right order, or to be able to move them once they're in this spot, but o well! :) Anyway, in the order they appear--I am in my 3rd year at the Spiritual Direction Institute at the Cenacle Retreat House on Houston, so I get to spend a lot of time "retreating". This year, it's twice a month, on Fridays--my favorite day of the week! This is my home away from home. Everytime I drive up the Beltway and see the Memorial Drive exit, my heart settles in--I'm coming home. This picture of some of the windchimes hanging on the patio.


This is the Chapel at the Cenacle--a quiet place to come and meditate, pray, or just "be". Communion services or Mass is often held in this little quiet place. Mostly, I like to just sit for a few minutes, and feel all my pieces coming home.

This is the Cenacle's labryinth. Each graduating class presents the Cenacle with a gift--one of the classes several years back built this gift, brick by brick. The labyrinth is another picture of coming home.

I love this "tree chair". Several years back, this old tree died, and instead of taking it all out, this "chair" was left. Most of us are too old now-adays to climb trees, but we can still sit in this one and let the tree hold us back to wholeness.

THIS was supposed to be the first picture at the top of the page, but--o well! This is driving in through the gate--aaaaaahhhhh...I'm HERE!


I love the trails at the Cenacle. This one beckoned me today: "Come to the Light."


1 comment:

SUSAN said...

You got some awesome shots and I feel so homesick!!!

When you download your photos, the current photo that is downloading will go at the top of the post. You just need to "cut" and "paste" them...in order to move them around...after you have downloaded them all.

Susan