Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Getting Ready...

Tomorrow's a big day for me. I'm facilitating a Lenten Day of Reflection for 50 women at my church. It's been a big project, but I have had a big lot of fun preparing for it. I truly believe Jesus when he said, "My burden is easy and my yoke is light." This has been a lot of work and has used a lot of energy, but there's been incredible joy and just downright fun planning it, and today we set up the two rooms we will be using. Our theme is "Pray All Ways"--in an attempt to understand what Jesus may have meant when he told us to "Pray always." We will be using several different methods of prayer--the first will be to pray with nature. So, there is a table full of beautiful nature pictures and fun stuff like acorns, pine cones, sweet gum balls, and all kinds of beautiful fall leaves.
The we'll see how playing can be praying. This is our craft-y table. The ladies will make a collage, perhaps a collage mandala, or prayer circle. I did one of those last year, and used it to set my life intensions. Later I got it matted and framed it, and it hangs in my studio at home to reminde me of my purpose and what I want my life to be. I hope these ladies enjoy their prayer collage as much as I have.
One of the big ways we will pray tomorrow is with our feet. I love the labyrinth. It's taught me so much about life and my own soul journey, so I wanted to share the labyrinth with friends at my church.

Pray for us tomorrow if you will, that Love will shine on us, that grace will abound, and that Creative Energy will flow like a river!

2 comments:

SUSAN said...

Sheila, you have done a fantastic job! I love all your ideas. Have a wonderful day!!

Susan

Ampersand said...

It sounds wonderful. Since it is happening as I type this, I will send good thoughts your way.

Please tell us all about it, after you've had some rest ;-).