Saturday, February 3, 2007

A Colored Pencil Kind of Day


Well, I got up this morning, February 4, and reposted this blog from yesterday...I spent 4 hours on my dial-up computer last night posting a lot of pictures from the workshop I took yesterday, and by the time I got through, I was tired, frustrated, and my insides weren't nearly as pretty as this box of colored pencils. I woke up this morning remembering that this blog isn't about getting people's pictures in so they can come see themselves and applaud the "star" inside of me. It amazes me how quickly everything in my life becomes about performance! One of the neatest things about "project 365" to me, is the opportunity to learn to see through new eyes, and to journal my day in a different way. There's only a couple of people who read my blog every day--actually, only one that I know of. And she deserves more than I gave last night in my attempts to get everyone's applause. I deserve better than that. And my spiritual artist inside--my soul deserves better than that. I don't work with colored pencils too often because they take time. And I like to produce more quickly than pencils let me. But one of the best things about pencils is that as I slow down and color, my soul slows down, too. So, I got up this morning--deleted all the jumble of pictures and slowed down to the pace this page is supposed be for me. A friend of mine posted a picture of a snale on her blog the other day--slow and easy wins the race. I'm not too fond of slow and easy. And something inside of me wants a big show of applause so much that I'm willing to spend hours of frustration trying to get it. So, I did learn something besides how to use colored pencils yesterday. And this morning, I feel much less frustration. Back to simplicity.

1 comment:

SUSAN said...

YAY, I had some struggles with what you described. We can lose our focus so easily.

The pencils are gorgeous! They make me smile and want to slow down and live the simple life.

Love you,
Susan