Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Sheila's Spot - 365

I'm an artist--at least that's one of the newer labels I'm wearing. I'm currently exhibiting my work at the Center for the Arts and Sciences in Clute/Lake Jackson, Texas. There are 3 other artists exhibiting with me, Tim Kinser, Cecilia Lavalle, and Linda Roberts. I've spent a year in overdrive getting ready for this exhibit, and I took the month of December off. Haven't painted at all in about 6 weeks, so it's time to go back to work--take out the dried up pallet, squirt a little water and wade in to see what happens. It's almost as daunting as it was when I first attempted watercolors in 2005. I don't expect much today--just to start is enough.

__________________________________________
About this blog--this seems to be the latest craze, so I'm "in". I've read about Project 365, taking a photo a day as part of my journaling practice. This seems to be a good way to chronicle that journey. And I love to write--albeit this will probably be a different kind of writing than I'm used to. So, I'm not sure what direction this daily blog spot will take, but it's always an adventure to start a new journey. I'm game if you are. Check in often and we'll see what happens.

1 comment:

SUSAN said...

Good Job, Sheila! I've added you to my blogroll, so I'll check in daily and see what's up in your neck of the woods.

Susan