Monday, January 29, 2007

Our Own Little Polar Bear Club

Lake Jackson's Very Own Polar Bear Club

One of the greatest joys in my life and in my mom's life is our water works class that we joined last year. Some of the nicest people, and a great workout. We try to go 2-3 times a week. It's really hard in the winter, because it gets so cold and rainy, but there are a few who will show up even in the cold. If we can just bear the mental stress and take the plunge, the water's usually much nicer than it is outside!

Here's Kay--Kay doesn't go far without her coffee mug. She's a joy in my life, too--one very special lady!

This is my mom (in front) and Melda--saying, "Come in Renee--the water's fine! My mom and I can't believe we've stuck with this for nearly a year. We're both feeling so much better, and now my mom has a social life! :)

This was taken before we "took the plunge". The hardest part is talking ourselves into getting in the pool. Here's Erika and my mom--you see Carl in the background. He's our brave male--our very own "energizer bunny". Guarantee, he'll be in the water first trying to convince us, "It's great!"

See? I told you so!


1 comment:

SUSAN said...

Sheila, I am struck by how your circle of friends has expanded over the years. You have several very interesting groups you mingle with and each represent a different facet of your personality. I'm feeling the need for that. Thanks for inspiring me!

Susan