Friday, January 26, 2007

A Couple of Things....

A friend of mine wanted me to read this little ditty bad enough to send it to me in the mail. And I read it this morning. It's only 87 pages, and lots of white space, so it's an easy read, but the message is so exciting. And reading it is synchronistic for me right now--we are about to begin an Artist Way group (Circle?) at our local art league. Mostly what I want is a "woman's group" that's interested in growing creatively, whether it be spiritually or artistically. Personally, I think it's both. And that's what this book is about, except bigger. Have you ever heard the story of the 100th monkey? If you haven't heard it, you can read about it here. The Millionth Circle extrapolates from the myth of the 100th monkey: when a critical number of people change how they think and behave, the culture will also, and a new era begins. To quote the author, Jean Shinoda Bolen, "this is an unusually short book for what it purposes, which is nothng short of changing the world and bringing humanity into a post-patriarchal era." A book after my own heart. I believe each one of us is so vital to the next phase of evolution, and I want to be as big a part of it as I can, in any way that I can. You can be, too.

Now, about Monica--you remember her and Sparky from a previous post? Well Monica has awesome news. We found out yesterday that she's been accepted to SMU's Law School!!!! Kuddos, girlfriend! Here's a big High-5! :) She was surprised, but I wasn't. :)

2 comments:

Karen said...

Hurrah to Monica!!! That is an absolutely wonderful achievement!!
What do YOU think about the George Bush Library?

Sheila's friend Karen

SUSAN said...

Ok, first post didn't take so I'll try again. :-)

I love "Millionth Circle" and hope we can do a circle at Karen's. I love "Artist Way" book though I only got through a little bit of it. I plan to pick it back up again. Let me know how your group comes along. Exciting.

Kudos to Monica!

Susan