Sunday, January 21, 2007

Beginning collage

It's a cold, rainy, winter, Sunday afternoon. I've been wanting to try my hand at collage painting, so there's no time to start like the present. A friend suggested I cut out colored paper and objects, glue them to a hard-back surface, enlarge them to full-size watercolor sheets, and paint them. I've been wanting to break out of my box, so this sounds like it could be a start. It's intimidating--all the colored pages, all the pictures--my right brain hasn't clicked in yet. It's still trying to figure out what might work. But at least it's a move in a different direction. I understand that sometimes it takes H.C. Dodd a couple of weeks to work up a mock-up, so I still have time. Patience, Sheila!

1 comment:

SUSAN said...

This sounds like fun! Ana suggested she and I get together once a week to do "altered books" or collage books. Think I'll take her up on it. Hey, are you going to lead us in an art project at Karen's house? Hope so.

I love all the colors and shapes in your photo!

Susan