Saturday, January 27, 2007

Happy Birthday Diana!!!!

Meet some of the members of my CHRP team (Christ Renews His Parish Team). We've been together as a team since June, 2004. Some of us got together tonight and celebrated a big step forward in life--Diana is about to be 50 (next weekend)! The 50's have been some of my most significant years, so I was very eager to send her into this time with a big "hoo-rah!" Above, from left to right, Trisha Langner, Cassie Tijerina, me, Diana (the BD girl) Miles, Peggy Robinson, and Mary Jean Adams, having dinner at Red Snapper Inn, Surfside, Texas--one of Diana's favorite eating spots!

Later we got together at friend, Rosie Estrata's house in Lake Jackson. Here's Mary Jean, Trisha, and Diana--CHEERS! :)


Someone gave Diana a blessing by baptizing her in the spirit (of champagne, that is), and Peggy sops her head so that she doesn't drip on Rosie's carpet!
Still sopping...when it rains it pours! :)


Momma Diana with son Troy--who by the way, won his tennis tournament this afternoon. Good luck tomorrow, Troy!

What a special group of people--Rosie Estrada (we partied at her house), Gina Childress and hubby Steven came in from Houston (glad they're back in Texas!), Trisha, Mary Jean, Peggy, Diana, and Cassie. We're missing some of our team members, but maybe next time!

And one more shot of the birthday girl! She looks great, doesn't she! Welcome to crone-hood, Diana. The best years are ahead girlfriend! Life only gets better!




3 comments:

SUSAN said...

I know Peggy Robinson but I'm not sure how. Her face is very familiar to me but from where I know her, I do not know. hehe

Looks like a great 50th bday bash!

Susan

SUSAN said...

I remembered how I know Peggy! When I was in college, I was hired as a summer worker at Dow. I worked for Peggy for about 6 weeks, as her secretarial assistant. She was a secretary in the Engineering dept., played bridge at lunch with the engineers, liked to play tennis, sweet, cute and I looked up to her. I remember one time her daughter made some awesome chocolate chip cookies and Peggy brought them to work. She probably won't remember me but I was Susan Ledbetter then and about 20. I thought of her as "older" but she was probably only in her early 30's. Funny how aging brings you closer together. Now we look the same age. Wow...talk about memories.

Susan

Sheila Conner said...

Cool! I'll tell her! She was the spiritual director for our CRHP Team.