Thursday, January 18, 2007

Happy Birthday to YOU

We celebrate birthdays at the Art League each month, and January is a BUSY month. Pictured above, Kaye, Sharon, Mary, Phil, and Terry. We usually celebrate with cake and ice cream, but this was a BIG year for Phil. He turned 90! You go, guy! Phil's really a special guy. He has macular degeneration and can't see very well, but he has his driver bring him to the Studio every paint-in day possible, and he still paints. He's an inspiration to all us "young" artists--to keep going, no matter what. I asked him how it felt to be 90, and he said the same way it felt to be 89 and 364 days old! We love you Phil. I hope to celebrate his 100th!

2 comments:

SUSAN said...

He is a young looking 90 and an inspiration for sure! Makes me feel rather foolish when I think, at 50, that I don't have enough time left to do this, that and the other.

Susan

Sheila Conner said...

Me, too. There are a lot of people at the Art League who make me feel very hopeful about growing older! :) Phil's a corker--Sharon's a hoot! It's a fun bunch.

Sheila