Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Monday, March 20, Watercolor Workshop with Ken Hosmer - 1st Day

I took my first watercolor workshop from Ken Hosmer last year in Kerrville. He's a wonderful teacher--gifted in TEACHING--not just a wonderful artist, but he's able to convey the idea to the student and he knows so much! He took his first wc workshop in 1969--so, while I was busy having babies, he was painting. :) He was the first to introduce backward painting--watercolor painting from dark to lights, instead of layering color. He begins with a unique way to do the value studies with ink sketches, so that's what we did yesterday. I'm determined to do a floral, since they intimidate me so much. That's what I worked on today, but I got so involved that I didn't even think about taking a photo until I got home. I did the two florals yesterday in class and the figure sketch this morning about 6. That's my favorite time to do anything that takes brain work! :) If you are interested in doing wc, he's a wonderful teacher, and I recommend him highly. And it seems the others in the class are enjoying him as well.

2 comments:

SUSAN said...

Wish I could have come!! Have a great time. :-)

Susan

Ampersand said...

Watercolor is high on my list of classes to take. Sounds wonderful. I love knowing an artist :-). I can come here and see all sorts of things outside of my normal day!

p.s. I replied back on my blog...no need to be sad about the weeds...I'll let you read my answer!

But, I am so happy to know another person that would actually feel sad about a weed. Because, I would too :).