Friday, March 30, 2007

Lost....

The only ducks we usually see here at the creek are mud ducks and in the winter. But I've noticed this mallard couple swimming by for the past few days. This morning I saw them pacing between the neighbor's house and my house. It appears they got out of the creek further down where there's a mud bank, and now they can't quite figure out how to get back in the flow of things. They would stop, look at the water, and pace some more. That's kind of how I've been feeling for the past few days--somehow I managed to find myself "out of the flow", and I can't quite figure out how to get back in. Dumpy...like the ducks I feel my self rather "lost"...I suspect the necessary change will come, and I will find myself in the flow again, but it sure feels rotten for the moment wondering how the heck I wound up here, and wondering whether I will be able to find my way back in or not?

4 comments:

SUSAN said...

Sheila, I am feeling "lost" too. Out of the flow feeling. The "what's it all about?" feeling. Lots of "Why?" questions. I usually love rainy days but today, I'm wishing for sunshine. Here's to us finding our way back into the flow!

Susan

Ampersand said...

Ahh, I too, know how they feel. Hope they find their way soon. And we do too!

Sheila Conner said...

OK, sisters...I send love to you--you send love to me, and we will wade knee deep in this stuff until "sunshine" comes. Love to both of you.

Ampersand said...

sending love back!