Saturday, March 24, 2007

Friday, March 24, 2007 Workshop Over

Today was the last day of our weeklong workshow with Ken Hosmer, so Tina presented him with a little memento of us...
a tee-shirt from Kitty's Purple Cow, in Surfside. Earlier in the week, he had painted a bull, and he dumped this incredible green right in the cow's rump, and it blew Tina away. Green's her favorite color, but--on a bull??? So we've been telling him all week that cows were purple, not green, and now he knows. If you take a close look, you can answer his question: Where's the center of interest?
I don't "do" flowers--I love the, but I have a horrible time painting them, so I determined to do flowers this week. I did one last summer, and two this workshop--I've doubled my flower production!
Not great, but at least they're done, and I "saved my whites" better than last year. :) Hopefully Ken will be back with us next January or February.

2 comments:

SUSAN said...

OH MY GOSH....I love both of those paintings! Good work. :-)

Susan

Ampersand said...

Well, I think they are pretty great. I just love that you can do something like that!