Sunday, March 11, 2007

A Day at the Creek

Jimmy watches all the action. Jim and I don't have puppies (we have grandpuppies, but none of our won), but we have all kinds of neighbor puppies. Just about the time I grabbed my camera, they all got put up, except Jimmy, and he loves it--he knows he'll get on my blog if he smiles pretty!
Bees buzz around all the flowers (weeds?)...
And ladybugs crawl in the grass--had more fun laying on my belly taking ladybug pictures! :)
And little boys fish--well, not so little, but littler than mine! :)

And I mow. This is my first time on the mower this year--Jim mowed last week. We have a "community" riding lawn mower. It belongs to Ronnie who lives across the street. We keep it running while he's in Iraq working.
After I mow, Devin next door uses it to haul, except the rope broke! Marcy takes a break and watches Devin play...
Then Carl mows--all with the same mower. We'll have to get Ronnie a new one before he gets home this summer--or at least get this one overhauled! :) I love living on the creek--what's yours is mine and vise versa! By the way, Jim put in two good days on the deck, and by golly, I think we may be pretty close to finished! Slow but steady--I think I heard that somewhere before! :)


2 comments:

SUSAN said...

Fantastic photos...especially love the lady bug and bee. I can never get that close without scaring them. :-)

Susan

Ampersand said...

So fun seeing a day in your life like that. Great close-ups!! Love the ladybug :-).