Monday, May 14, 2007

A Very Busy Weekend of Endings and New Beginnings

I've shared the last three years with this group--my spiritual direction class. Friday was our last class--a day of prayer. We walked the labyrinth together.
The first time I walked the labyrinth, I walked with a large group--and I learned about community, about walking together in a large group, then finding yourself alone, with seemingly no one around, about giving those who need it a wide birth when we meet on the same path going opposite directions or giving each other just enough room to barely squeek by--whatever the other needs, about walking together with someone for a while, then taking a turn and not seeing them again, until they show up again on the other side of the "journey"...
We've walked together for three years (some of us are missing inthis photo), and now our paths seem to be going in different directions, yet we all know we're still in it together. I'm so grateful to have had this season in my life, and I love each of you that I've walked with. We still have a day of prayer in July, then graduation in August--then who knows??? One thing I've learned though, this isn't "the end", it's only the beginning of a new path--a path full of surprises, joys and sorrows, light and darkness, new opportunities for Love to be expressed through each of us to the world that waits for us--and for us to receive Love from unexpected "others" on the way.

1 comment:

SUSAN said...

I can't believe it's been 3 years! WOOHOO Sheila! Congratulations for all your hard work and dedication and growth.

This pics have me missing the Cenacle. I'll be there in June! YAY

Susan